Fluorogenic Probes and Primers
Biosearch Technologies offers a variety of probe and primer formats for real-time qPCR gene expression and SNP genotyping. As inventors of the Black Hole Quencher® (BHQ®) dyes, every probe format comes available with BHQ dye labeling in addition to a variety of other fluorophores such as FAM, TET, HEX, JOE, CAL Fluor® and Quasar® dyes and more! View our Dye Selection Chart to see a list of dyes offered at Biosearch Technologies.
- View our probe formats animation (Flash plug-in required)
- Download our probe comparison chart (PDF)
- Learn the difference between static and FRET quenching
- Read our Editorial: Real-time PCR Diagnostics in the Pharmaceutical Industry (PDF)
View Biosearch Technologies' wide selection of fluorophore-quencher combinations for TaqMan® probes. We routinely synthesize high-quality, HPLC purified TaqMan® probes and perform mass spec analysis on every order.
Biosearch Technologies offers a new and advanced probe technology for qPCR - the BHQplus probe. The BHQplus probe is a fortified and compact probe with duplex stabilizing technology that enhances target specificity and maintains melting temperatures.
Molecular Beacons' short complementary sequences hybridize to form a stem structure that holds the fluorophore and quencher close together in space. Biosearch Technologies currently offers Molecular Beacons labeled with either a Black Hole Quencher® or Dabcyl dye in addition to a variety of fluorophore reporter molecules.
Black Hole Scorpion® Primers
Black Hole Scorpion™ primers combines the probe and primer into one molecule and uses a uni-molecular mechanism that does not require enzymatic cleavage of the probe during PCR cycling. View Biosearch Technologies' selection of Black Hole Scorpion primers.
Amplifluor® primers combine primer and probe in one molecule and are often used for SNP/mutation detection studies. View Biosearch Technologies' selection of Amplifluor primers.
With Plexor primers, in contrast to other PCR probe technologies, the accumulation of product results in a reduction in fluorescence. View Biosearch Technologies' current selection of Plexor primers.
Swine Influenza Panel
TaqMan® probes are ideal for detecting the presence and quantify the amount of specific target sequences. Biosearch Technologies offers a wide selection of dyes for labeling TaqMan® probes such as FAM, TET, HEX, JOE, TAMRA, BHQ®, and more for your real-time PCR experiment.
- Applying TaqMan® probes in Multiplexing qPCR, Gene Expression, and SNP Genotyping assays
- The difference between FRET and static quenching
- If your probe requires an internal quencher, select your quencher, and then click the ADD button after having typed the base positioned before the placement of your desired quencher.
- Adding an internal modification annotated by T(...) indicates that a Thymidine base is attached to the internal modification. Please be aware that an additional T base will be introduced into the sequence when adding such an internal modification.